Sunday, April 25, 2010

Re-birth of my FM10

4 years now... My FM10 is ready again... happy days for me and my camera. It's back after service and receiving a red carpet welcome wherever i take it... Obviously! It's a film camera... rare sorts in this digi age. All those who were engaged in film photography would join me to call FM10: a real treasure.

Few things I loved about FM10:
1. It is a manual camera. Ya for beginners its the right model to learn photography.
2. It works on film
3. scope for multiple exposure
4. It helped me manage my patience levels (I openly admit that!)

It was indeed a co-incidence that my camera was ready jus before a day out with colleagues. I was happy clicking pictures. I was rediscovering my photographic skills. Trust me I love people photography. and i had enough subjects on this day.

More than capturing pictures, it was testing my camera since it was just back from service. results were good. Few shots were decent. I have my set of complaints though.


This was the 37th frame...ya one of the extra shot u get in a 36 exposure roll. I love this shot for the composition. When I turned my lever to compose, I was thinking about capturing only the structure. I noticed my HOD wearing a black salwar kameez that would compliment this setting. When I was about to click, I paused and called her to sit there. She was conscious though. My only complaint for this setting was the lighting. There was just too much light. I would rather say "Burning" Light. The impact was on the background and thus less light on the face of my subject.



This is one of my favorite portraits. Trust me I dint expect a good picture at all when i clicked this. I must say that my colleague (in the picture) is one of the lively subject. I like this for the composition. Wish there was better contrast. But not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment